Chickpea and Vegetable Stir-Fry
- 1 can (400g) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 broccoli head, cut into florets
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Cooked brown rice or quinoa for serving
Chickpea and Vegetable Stir-Fry is a vibrant and nutritious dish that combines the wholesome goodness of chickpeas with a medley of colourful vegetables. In this quick and easy stir-fry, crisp bell peppers, tender broccoli florets, and other veggies are wok-fried to perfection, creating a delightful harmony of flavours and textures.
The addition of chickpeas provides a hearty dose of protein and fibre, making this stir-fry not only delicious but also a healthy choice. Seasoned with a savoury sauce and served over rice or noodles, it’s a satisfying and nutritious meal that can be whipped up in no time.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add the minced garlic and grated ginger and stir-fry for about 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the sliced onion, bell peppers, broccoli, and carrot to the pan. Stir-fry for about 5-7 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, salt, and black pepper.
- Pour the soy sauce mixture over the vegetables and add the drained chickpeas. Stir-fry for an additional 2-3 minutes, allowing the sauce to coat the vegetables and chickpeas evenly.
- Serve the chickpea and vegetable stir-fry over cooked brown rice or quinoa. Garnish with sesame seeds or chopped fresh herbs if desired.
Check out our other recipes HERE!