Information We May Collect
We may collect information that can identify you (“personal information”), such as your name, email address, and personal profile (i) when you provide it to us when using our website or in some other manner, or (ii) from our business partners, and from other third parties. We may combine the personal information that we receive from different sources.
We also may collect other types of information in the following ways when you visit our InstructorLive website:
- Our server logs automatically collect information, such as your IP address, your browser type and language, and the date and time of your visit, which helps us track users’ movements around our site and understand trends.
- We may assign your computer one or more cookies which may collect information to facilitate access to our website and to personalize your online experience.
- We may use standard Internet tools, such as web beacons, which collect information that tracks your use of our website and enables us to customize our services.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
We do not store your credit card information for your ‘Payment Method”. All card processing is handled by Stripe.
Information Others May Collect
We do not allow third-party advertising companies or ad networks to display advertisements on our InstructorLive websites or related applications.
- We do not provide any information to these companies.
If you post information about yourself or others, or communicate with others using our website, please note that we cannot control who reads your postings or what they do with the information you provide. We encourage you to use caution in posting personal information.
How We May Use Information We Collect
We may use information to:
- Fulfill your requests for products and services;
- Offer products and services that may be of interest to you;
- Process payment for products or services you order via our website;
- Customize the content that you see on our website;
- Facilitate use of our website;
- Manage your account and your preferences;
- Analyze use of and improve our website, products and services;
- Identify and protect against fraudulent transactions and other misuses of our website; and
With Whom We May Share Information We Collect
We will not share your personal information with others except as indicated below, or except when we inform you in advance and give you the opportunity to opt out. We may share personal information with:
- Service providers, such as credit-card payment processors, performing services on our behalf;
- Other businesses with which we partner or which we carefully select to offer you products, services, and promotions through our website or offline; and
- Other third parties in limited circumstances, such as reporting suspected criminal activity, complying with legal requirements, preventing fraud, and protecting the safety of our users.
You may choose:
- Not to provide personal information, although that may result in your inability to obtain certain services or use certain features of our website;
- To stop receiving promotional emails or newsletters from us by sending an email to the contact address at the bottom of this policy;
- To delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings, although if you do so, some of the features or services of our website
- may not function properly;
- To review and update your personal information by contacting us at the email address below or, if you have an online account on our website, by logging into that account.
We take appropriate commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and other security measures to help safeguard personal information from unauthorized access, alteration, or disclosure.
The InstructorLive website may link to websites operated by third parties that we do not control. We do not monitor, control, or endorse the information collection or privacy practices of any third parties. We strongly encourage you to become familiar with the privacy practices of every website you visit and to contact them if you have any questions about their respective privacy policies and practices. This Policy applies solely to information collected by us through the InstructorLive website or services and does not apply to these third-party websites. The ability to access information of third parties from the InstructorLive website or services, or links to other websites or locations, is for your convenience only and does not signify our endorsement of such third parties, their products, services, websites, locations, or their content.
InstructorLive reserves the right to change, modify, add, or remove portions of this Policy at any time and without prior notice, and any changes will become effective immediately upon being posted unless we advise you otherwise. However, we will not use your Personal Information in a way that is materially different than the uses described in this Policy without giving you an opportunity to opt out of such differing uses. Your continued use of the InstructorLive website or services after this Policy has been amended shall be deemed to be your continued acceptance of the terms and conditions of the Policy, as amended. We encourage you to bookmark this Web page and review this Policy regularly.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Policy, or our information practices, please contact us by email or postal mail below:
41 Great Portland Street
London, W1W 7LA, UK
©2019 InstructorLive Ltd. All rights reserved.
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s computer for record keeping purposes. Cookies can be either session cookies or persistent cookies. A session cookie expires when you close your browser and is used to make it easier for you to navigate our website. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time.
For example, when you sign in to our website, we will record your user or member ID and the name on your user or member account in the cookie file on your computer. We also may record your password in this cookie file, if you indicated that you would like your password saved for automatic sign-in. For security purposes, we will encrypt any usernames, passwords, and other user or member account-related data that we store in such cookies. In the case of sites and services that do not use a user or member ID, the cookie will contain a unique identifier. We may allow our authorized service providers to serve cookies from our website to allow them to assist us in various activities, such as doing analysis and research on the effectiveness of our site, content and advertising.
You may delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings. (Click “Help” in the toolbar of most browsers for instructions.) If you do so, some of the features and services of our website may not function properly.
We do not allow third-parties, advertising companies, and ad networks, to display advertisements on our site. Our website does not provide any personal information to these third parties.
Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or web bugs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users or to access cookies. Unlike cookies which are stored on the user’s computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on the web pages (or in email) and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence.
Web beacons may be used to deliver or communicate with cookies, to count users who have visited certain pages and to understand usage patterns. We also may receive an anonymous identification number if you come to our site from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website.