Recipe ingredients: Serves 2
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1/3 courgette, grated
- 250g 5% fat beef mince
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 22g quick oats
- 90g edamame spaghetti (available in Tesco, Asda and Holland & Barrett)
- 100g of your favourite retail pasta sauce
Recipe prep & method
A fabulous meal by the wonderful Maxine Palmer. This deliciously satisfying meatballs recipe ticks all the boxes with its filling ingredients and high nutritional value.
The added vegetables give this dish more fibre than the usual meatballs recipe. The edamame spaghetti is rather nutritious too. It’s not only both gluten-free and vegan but also contains approx 24 grams of plant-based protein.
1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C /fan160°C/gas mark 4 2.
2. In a large bowl mix together the beef, carrot, courgette, onion powder, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, tomato paste, and oats with your hands until well mixed3.
3. Divide the mixture into 8 equal parts
4. Roll into meatball shape with your hands
5. Line a baking tray with baking paper and space them apart so they’re not touching
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes
7. Meanwhile cook the edamame spaghetti in a saucepan of water according to the packet instructions
8. Next heat your pasta sauce in a separate saucepan
9. When your meatballs are cooked remove them from the oven and let them rest for 5 minutes
10. Place the meatballs on a plate with the spaghetti and pour your sauce on top
11. Serve with ½ plate of salad