Beef Kofta Kebabs With Cucumber & Mint Yoghurt Dip
- 225g 5% fat beef mince
- 1 small red onion, grated or very finely chopped
- 1 small fresh red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1⁄2 tsp ground cumin
- Pinch salt
- 100g fat free Greek yoghurt
- 85g cucumber, minced with grater
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 11⁄2–2 tsp finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 garlic clove, finely crushed
If you’re missing a taste of the Mediterranean, these Beef Koftas are just what you’re looking for. Whilst they may take a little longer to cook, they are certainly worth it! Containing 1-4 of your five-a-day, they hit the mark on both nutrition and taste! Win win!
This recipe serves two, but they’re a great dish if you’re entertaining, especially on those warm summer evenings! Just increase amounts accordingly.
1. To make dip mix the yoghurt, cucumber, garlic, spring onion, mint & pepper in a bowl, cover and keep in the fridge.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the beef, onion, chilli, oregano, coriander, cumin, and a pinch of salt.
3. Mix well with your hands all bound together.
4. Divide the mixture into 4 portions.
5. Shape each into oval shapes (1–1.5cm thick).
6. Thread each one onto a separate skewer.
7. Preheat grill to high.
8. Lightly brush the kebabs with a little olive oil, put on the grill rack and grill for 12–15 minutes (positioned not too close to heat) or until cooked through, turning twice.
9. Serve with the dip and a large salad.