Book A Pilates Live Class (£10 p/class)
Welcome to our new LIVE classes! We are elated to announce the return of these live sessions where you will have the opportunity to join our expert trainers in real-time. At the moment we are offering Pilates for Back Care as well as Intermediate Pilates. Both classes are brought to you by The Movement Base – a successful Pilates studio based in Leigh-on-Sea ran by Directors and professional instructors Sam and Glenn. Between them they have a wealth of knowledge to share through their teaching and we couldn’t be more thrilled to be joining forces with them! These LIVE classes are available every Wednesday at 6pm. Each class will last 50 minutes with a 10-minute opportunity for questions at the end, making the entire session, one hour. One class costs £10, and there is a maximum of ten places available per class; this will allow for more individual attention. There is no equipment required for these live classes but should any small pieces be used, they can be replicated with general household items. It is advisable to use an exercise mat for maximum comfort, however, this is optional. You will, as always, need a device connected to the internet and little space.
There are so many benefits to be gained from participating in live workouts. Booking ahead and committing to a session will instil even more accountability for your fitness goals. It can be incredibly helpful to have an instructor present too. This enables more individual guidance and correction on technique. You will also be able to ask your instructor questions at the end of your class, building rapport and allowing for more personalised attention. These sessions are great ways to add that little bit extra to your on-demand exercise regime, keeping it fresh and varied!
Once booked, you will be emailed a link invitation to join the class via Zoom. You will be able to access the link a few minutes before the class starts; this way, your Instructor will know you are present and allow you access to the session at the scheduled time.
Pilates Intermediate – Wednesdays 6pm
Join professional instructors, Sam and Glenn, for this one-hour online live Intermediate Pilates class.
The class consists of:
- A series of warm-up exercises which emphasise correct breathing, precise alignment and articulation of the spine, pelvis, ribs and shoulder girdle
- An acute focus on each exercise to ensure accurate execution. As you move through the classes, the movement patterns will become increasingly complex
- Utilising all major muscle groups and planes of motion to create one flowing sequence of movement without gaps or pauses
These classes are designed for people who already have a sound knowledge of the fundamental principles of the Pilates exercises and have no current physical issues or injuries.
Pilares Intermediate classes will help you to:
- increase muscle strength and tone, particularly of your abdominal muscles, lower back, hips and buttocks (the ‘core muscles’ of your body)
- balance muscular strength on both sides of your body
- enhance muscular control of your back and limbs
- improve stabilisation of your spine
- prevent injuries related to muscle imbalances
- improve physical coordination and balance
- relax your shoulders, neck and upper back
- prevention of injuries
- increase lung capacity and circulation through deep breathing
- improve concentration, body awareness and stress management